|new member cut free!!
||[Aug. 5th, 2005|02:34 am]
name: kizzi little|
location: savannah, ga.
top ten favourite bands & why: in alphabetical order, because i don't want to randomness to make a band seem better than the other.
1. bright eyes - you've heard it before, conor equals today's bob dylan. the lyrics are so good, even if his situations are made up, it "moves" a lot of folks.
2. death cab for cutie - i want to pinch their cheeks. the music is so young, cute, and mostly sad/nostaglic/hopeful.
3. interpol - i make these crazy connections with their lyrics and my life.
4. the long winters - same reason as interpol.
5. muse - best my signifigant other just broke up with me or i just ditched him/her lyrics.
6. nada surf - honestly, i only like the album "let go", but aaaagh so much <3 goodness.
7. radiohead - they grew up with me and my emotions.
8. sigur rós - afeter seeing them live, i have to say divine!
9. elliott smith - so sad, so good.
10. red sparrowes - i just discovered them. they are the instrumental band that's a little heavy, but highly torerable. p.s. - i don't "rock out".
favourite songs: three of right now excluding songs from bands i just named
1. palaxy tracks - "sediment"
2. rouge wave - "kicking the heart out"
3. aveo - "dust that dreams of brooms"
five bands you've been listening to the most within the past week
1. red sparrowes
2. elliott smith
3. matt elliott
4. cocteau twins
favourite sounds/types of music
any -core that's not hard loud or screamy i.e. sadcore and slowcore . . . ambient, mellow, shoe gazer?
types/sounds of music you'd like to know more about
i want to know it all!!!!!!!!
all of it!!!!!
some other info
i'm joining this community because i have a friend who i need to make a mix cd for, and it's been a year, i get really scared when making mix cds. i've made one mix cd in my life, and this is what's on it. it was three years ago . . . http://hushedstar.8k.com/entries/april27.html . . . i'm willing to give advice to people about their mixes too, but i'm kind of closety about the music i listen to because of you know, people thinking i'm pretentious or they know more than me. i've been told i shold join my college's radio station, but noooooooooooo.